Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day - May 2010




Best Mother’s Day ever. Today was a special day because I got my first homemade gift from Ella. A decorated pot that she made at Shorecrest playschool:) Also the best day because I’d forgotten that Ella would sing today in church with the primary kids. I got a little teary eyed when she did. I remember for years (5 to be exact) wondering when I would have a child sing on Mother’s Day. She did a great job. She smiled and knew almost all of the words. I was so proud. She went up with her friend Aubrey and they sat in the seats behind everyone at first, because I imagine it looked like fun, but were re-directed by brother Card to the front. Keira was a bit sad that she couldn’t join Ella and kept saying ‘up’ when Ella headed to the front to sing. But she enjoyed the performance from afar. Ella wanted to sing the hymns today in the worst way but didn’t know the tunes to them. Except for the last one which was ‘Love at Home.’ Ella is quite familiar with this hymn and was excited to sing it. She is familiar with it because mom sings it to keep her sanity whenever the girls are both screaming:) It often calms them down. I was laughing inside when she got excited because she knew it.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I absolutely love when my kids sing in sacrament, it is soooo wonderful as a Mom! Great pictures of you guys...and love your new dress, Amy, wherever did you find that???